Contemporary Wedding Photography
Creative and fresh wedding photography thats relaxed, natural and timeless.
My favourite thing about photographing weddings is the delight I get when I capture natural emotions, smiles and laughter. There is nothing more satisfying! You could say that my style of photography is partly documentary but very occasionally I might also give a little direction. It could be as simple as asking someone to turn slightly to where the light is most flattering and beautiful or I may ask people to look at each other rather than me. This helps me to achieve beautiful portraits of people in a way that comes across as very relaxed and unposed. I also love to capture the lovely details at weddings that show the personality and taste of the couple. The decorations, flowers, shoes - all of the things that you spend so much time planning for your day can make gorgeous additions in your wedding album.
The most important thing is that you have an amazing day to remember and that you have a lasting record of that day captured in a style that suits you. If you like what you see here please do get in touch - I would love to hear more about your plans.
Wedding Photography Testimonials
- "Alexa is friendly but professional and has a very personal touch. After spending the whole of our wedding day taking photos she continued to provide excellent service both in her superb design work and by ensuring everything was produced and delivered promptly. We chose the Storybook album and are absolutely delighted with the end result. There is no doubt that Alexa played a big part in helping to make our wedding day a truly memorable occasion"
Sara and Michael Jones
- "Thank you Alexa from the bottom of our hearts, you exceeded our highest expectations. We wanted someone who would respect our interests in untraditional photos and someone who would capture the beauty and majesty of Herstmonceux Castle. We could never explain how much we truly love and appreciate the pictures.
I will be recommending you to ANYONE who has a need of an excellent
photographer. I just wish we had more occasions to use you!"
Kay and Lee Denyer
- "If you're looking for a photographer that will blend into your wedding like an invited guest, then look no further than Alexa. We were lucky enough to find her when planning our wedding and from the day we first met she helped make our wedding preparations and day complete. She is incredibly calm and patient and her first concern is making you happy. Even our guests commented on how fantastic she was. In terms of finished results, the photos were stunning and her guidance through the photo and album selection process ensured we had big smiles on our faces when the finished product arrived."
Samantha and David Ward
- "Thank you so very much for being such an integral part of our wedding. The photos that you took are amazing and we absolutely love our albums that you produced. They have been poured over again and again by us, family and friends. It was a pleasure working with you and we hope to catch up soon - if you are ever in London and fancy popping by for a drink, please make sure you drop us a line."
Amy and Jamie Fursedonn
- "From discussing our plans and visiting the venue with us through to the wedding day, Alexa helped us to really capture the most memorable moments of our day. The photographs are stunning, imaginative and captured our wedding's spirit perfectly. None of the pictures are cliched and all the shots are wonderfully natural and relaxed. We now have fantastic pictures to treasure forever."
Fiona and Ben Chapman
- "Alexa had photographed both my brothers' weddings so we knew she'd do a great job, but she absolutely surpassed our hopes with the photos of our big day. She was super organised and relaxed, which made it completely stress free for us and enjoyable for everyone. Alexa also made the time to visit the church and reception venue beforehand which meant we'd been able to discuss ideas for shots in some of the more interesting settings around the venues - and I'm so glad we did. The balance she struck between the group shots, artistic shots and detail shots means we have an unbelievably stunning album we will treasure for the rest of our lives"
Laura and Simon Gates
- "We just wanted to say a massive thank you for the beautiful photos you took for us on our wedding day. We had such an amazing wedding day and you were so professional but yet friendly and great to have around. We are so pleased with your pictures - you are a very talented lady. We wish you all the best for the future."
Ellie and Ben Lowe
- "A long overdue note to say thank you for the fantastic job you did at our wedding. We're delighted with the pictures, but more than that we were so happy with the contribution you made to our day. It was a fun and relaxed atmosphere that in no small part you helped create. We'll recommend you to friends without a moments hesitation."
David and Samantha Mannall